Want or Need?
This month I have been thinking quite a lot about the
difference between the words want and need. I have come to the
conclusion that we actually need very little. One only really needs food, as a substance to keep the body alive.
Shelter to stay out of the weather, and clothes to cover us and to keep warm. Anything other than those things I would place in the want
category. Along with that would also be anything over the top when it comes to
food, shelter, and clothes. Could there be some other exceptions to this
though?
The reason I bring all of this up is because my teenage-girl-over-thinking-brain has not let me forget this list of things that I think I want. The trouble is what things do I need and what do I simply want? My mind keeps telling me that “every girl wants this…” and “every one needs that” but do I really need those thing at all?
These are just small things I want someday. They almost seem silly to me now that I have them in writing. The thing is I have much bigger goals for my life than to have these wants checked off from this list right away. Even though the first list would be really nice, here are some of the other things I am finding I need.
The reason I bring all of this up is because my teenage-girl-over-thinking-brain has not let me forget this list of things that I think I want. The trouble is what things do I need and what do I simply want? My mind keeps telling me that “every girl wants this…” and “every one needs that” but do I really need those thing at all?
Now the list that keeps
pestering my brain goes something like this…
I want to…
Be asked to go to prom
Be swept off my feat by an
amazing guy
Be called beautiful/pretty
Be listened to
Be kissed
and a couple more
and a couple more
These are just small things I want someday. They almost seem silly to me now that I have them in writing. The thing is I have much bigger goals for my life than to have these wants checked off from this list right away. Even though the first list would be really nice, here are some of the other things I am finding I need.
I need to…
Study for and take the
SAT’s
Work on finishing my senior
year strong
Get more information about
colleges I want to attend
Find out more about what I
need to become a certified NARHA instructor
Get together everything I
will need to get to college
Work to serve my church
Get a head start and finish
my 4-H projects early
Look into job opportunities
These are some of my
thoughts from this month. I shall work on the list of needs from now on, until
they are finished. With God’s guidance I will get to where he wants me to be,
and so far this is where he is taking me.
Proverbs 20:18, 24, &
21:2 & 27:1
This is so honest and sweet. Adorable thoughtful post m'dear.
ReplyDelete